Friday, June 1, 2007

Big changes

First big change: Becca, my little sister, chopped my hair yesterday and gave me some layers. She took off 5 inches! That's a lot for me considering I've only gotten little trims since probably 5 years ago or so. I love long hair when it's taken care of...it's just beautiful. Anyways, I had a really hard time yesterday deciding whether or not I was going to let her cut off so much but she talked me into it :). And I thought, if I'm going to cut it short, I better do it now that it's getting hot outside so that my reasoning seems more justified. So from looking at the picture you might be thinking, well it's really not that short...but it is to me. Here's a shot I snapped a couple of minutes ago with Charlie because I didn't want to take a picture just of myself :).Below: this is an image I added after I published this blog because Becca called complaining that you can't even see my haircut or the layers in the picture above....so this is a picture that she just emailed to me that we took yesterday :and one more from yesterday with Becca, Bella and the back of Charles:
Second big change: We recently found out that we'll be moving to Salt Lake City, Utah this summer! We've known for a long time that we were going to have to move somewhere if we wanted to buy a home, but we just didn't know where and we were looking all over the U.S. We've been very prayerful about it all and it's amazing how the door just completely opened for us in Utah. We know that this is where we're supposed to be right now. We're very excited, though it is going to be hard to leave my family and friends behind here. It has been so nice living close to family, especially when I've got little ones and a husband finishing his masters degree :). We're not sure the exact day we'll be moving but it'll either be in July or August, it's a good thing we just switched to a month-to-month lease when our contract ended last week!

8 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

First off, I love your hair! It is very cute!

Second - Wow! How exciting for you guys! It looks like we will both be leaving Bellevue this summer!

Natalie said...

YEAH!!! YEAH!!!! YEAH!!!!

SO CLOSE TO ME!!!!

WE are so excited. I am sure the Arkell's are thrilled too!

Can't wait

Carrie said...

The hair is super cute Elisa. And those layers will be fun to style. I bet it was really tough to let go of that 5 inches though! I didn't realize your hair had gotten so long!

Congrats on the news about moving to Utah! It will be nice to have so many friends out there!

Home Suite Home said...

Your hair looka great Elisa! We are so excited that your family will be a little bit 'closer' to us:)

Glad you are feeling better

LeMira said...

Very cute hair! We're excited to see you, too! We're not going anywhere ever, as far as I can tell, so YIPEE!

JP said...

Yay! Back to Utah! That means I'll get to see you (when we come back to the states - but it's more likely I'll see you in Utah than in Washington)!We're so excited for you guys! Good luck on the house search...

Q & A said...

Yay! Well you already know that I LOVE your hair. And that I'm super excited for your move to Utah. We actually might see you guys there! Congrats again!

Katie and Eric said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it! Also that is exciting news about SLC. Good luck with the move!