Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Twilight and New Moon


After receiving several recommendations from different girlfriends to read the Young Adult fiction books authored by Stephenie Meyer, I decided to finally track down a copy. I borrowed them from a friend (thanks Monique) who checked them out from the library and I read each of the 500-550 page books in a day. I could not put them down. I returned them to Monique but couldn't stop thinking about them so I finally went out and bought a copy for myself. I read them through a second time, but over a week instead of a day which I'm sure Scott and the kids appreciated :), and then I lent them out to friends, most of which really enjoyed them as well. The author graduated from BYU and is in her early thirties. Both of these books that she wrote were NY Times bestsellers and she signed a contract for a total of four books; they're all a part of a continuing story. The first two books are called Twilight and New Moon. The third book, Eclipse, comes out August 7th this year! I'm so excited! I'll probably post another blog about that book once I finish it :). Hopefully this will persuade some of you ladies (I think it's kind of a chick book) to find a copy for yourself, I know you can get them at Barnes and Noble, at Amazon.com or at Deseret Book and I'm sure they are sold in almost any bookstore. If you've read the book(s) already and liked them, please feel free to share your opinions.

7 comments:

Danica said...

Zack got me a gift card to Barnes and Noble for our anniversary today, so guess what I'll get?!

Trisha said...

I've had another friend tell me about this author. I'll have to get the books!

Robin said...

I read both of them already and I am anxiously awaiting the next one to come out in August! I do of course have a couple questions concerning what will happen to Bella in the future, but I am not sure if I can share them here because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. They are pretty addicting though!

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a good read. Thanks for sharing... I'll have to add them to my list of summer reading.

Q & A said...

Well, obviously you KNOW I loved them. We'll have to see who finishes Eclipse fastest. I kind of recommended this book to my mom who in turn chose it for her book club and ALL of my mom's friends (mostly women in their 60s) absolutely loved it. I love that you're spreading the love :)

berrymom said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look for these next time I am at the library. I have been looking for a book because I just finished the one I was reading a few days ago.

Chloe Elizabeth said...

I came to your blog via Cristin's...I couldn't put them down either and I'm really excited about the new book. I sat in B&N to read the first chapter in the latest edition of New Moon. I'm excited to see how it goes. Have you been on Stephenie's website to read the first chapter of Twilight from Edward's perspective? So good.