Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Garage sales, gotta love em'

Me and the kids were on our usual walk this week with our friend Traci and we saw a garage sale sign and decided to check it out. I knew I couldn't carry much since I was pushing our double stroller and I wasn't sure how much cash I had on me but we still wanted to take a peek. Now, just as a side note, Elisabeth has been really bored playing with her toys lately, the only thing she still really plays with is her stroller and dolls. All the other things seem too babyish for her. Now back to my story: so I scrounged my diaper bag for cash and realized I only had about $1.10, then I went over to the toy area and found this really cute little Hello Kitty 'polly pocket-like' house that had all sorts of furniture in it and different little Hello Kitty figures. I brought it over to the 'lady of the house' and asked how much it was going for and she said $1! So we bought it and brought it home and Elisabeth has been playing with it non stop! I love finding cheap things at garage sales that turn out to be treasures for someone else, and it's even better when it'll entertain your kid for a long period of time :).

4 comments:

Gina said...

I love inexpensive toys and great finds. I wish it happened a little more often.

Cristin Lassen said...

I love hitting up the garage sales in nice neighborhoods... a month ago, I found such great deals - a little Tyke Tool bench for $3, almost new board books for 50 cents each. I have no hesitation buying used toys and books!

Carrie said...

How fun... I used to loooove little miniature stuff like that when I was a kid.

The Johnson Family said...

Ooh, I'm jealous! ;) I went out this weekend in search of garage sales but I didn't have much luck. I love garage sale toys!