1. The Gateway we call Death - Russell M Nelson*
2. Creating Health- Deepak Chopra*
3. The dating experiment- Elodia Strain
4. Outliers- Malcom Gladwell^*
5. Healing ADD - Daniel Amen
6. More than the Tattooed Mormon- Al Carraway^
7. How to Win Friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie^*
8. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith^
9. The Wright Brothers- David McCullough*
10. Worth the Wrestle- Sheri Dew*
11. Running with Angels- Pamela Hansen
12. Run less, run faster- Bill Pierce*
13. The Mistletoe Secret- Richard Paul Evans^
14. The Shack
15. Doctrine and Covenants*
16. Pearl of Great Price*
17. New Testament*
18. Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley^*
^book club picks
I ran my first ever marathon this year(in St George Utah)! And this is how many recorded miles I logged for the year for mostly running (a little walking): 1, 280 miles. And here it is broken down by month:
Smith Family Top Ten of 2017
- Scott finished most of our basement! He did the framing, electrical, plumbing, we all primed, I painted and he did all the finishing work.
- I(Elisa) ran my first ever marathon! And I’m crazy and want to do it again!
- Elisabeth attended several camps this summer, including one week long piano camp; she saved her money for a year so she could attend this!
- Charles got to play tackle football for the first time in his life and he loved it(and didn’t get hurt!!! Wahoo!).
- Annabelle took a couple of sewing classes this year and found a new love!
- Jane started tumbling and quickly moved to doing back handsprings and flips! This petite girl is strong and can tumble!
- Nora started her first ever year of organized school! She’s in half day kindergarten and loves it, though doesn’t always want to go (aren’t we all a little bit that way? And who would want to go to school when they can stay home with cool mom all day?!)
- Elisabeth and Charles got braces!! It’s a race to see who gets them off first :).
- Charles, Annabelle, Jane and Nora moved schools (again...4th elementary in 4 years...mostly because of moving). We LOVE our new school so much that they don’t even mind wearing uniforms...that much :).
- We took several road trips this year, mostly to be with family: Washington, Idaho, Bryce Canyon(½ marathon for me and Scott), Scott and I went to St. George(my marathon), and Scott took the kids to Capitol Reef (I was in Mexico for a family wedding; went with my mom and sister).